Which Government services are available online?
You can already enrol for these services through the Government Gateway. The government
organisations that handle these services provide online forms, and information
about appropriate software packages, on their websites.
The government services available online through the Government Gateway are:
Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council
Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council (external link)
- Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council Citizen Account - a service for
all individuals, businesses and organisations that deal with the Council.
The Citizen Account collates information for each of the Council services
that you interact with and presents it to you with the convenience of only
requiring one user account to access each of these individual services.
Registration can only be performed from the Blaenau Gwent CBC website.
Child Maintenance Service
Child Maintenance Service (external link)
- Child Maintenance Service - for parents and their representatives using the statutary Child Maintenance Service
- Child Maintenance Service - for employers processing Deduction of Earnings Orders / Deduction of Earnings Requests
Department of the Environment for Northern Ireland (DOENI)
N.Ireland Planning Applications & Property
Certificate Service information (external link)
- Planning Applications and Property Certificates - for
members of the Public, Planning Agents and Planning Professionals to
submit and pay for Planning Applications and for Solicitors and the
Conveyancing Community to submit and pay for Property Certificates.
Department of Agriculture and Rural Development for Northern
DARD OnLine Services (external link)
- DARD OnLine Services - for use by DARD(NI) customers
(predominantly farmers and rural dwellers) wishing to take advantage of
those DARD services available online.
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
Movements Licensing System service information (external link)
- Animal Movements Licensing System (AMLS) - currently only
available for use by Local Authority Trading Standards Departments and the
- British Cattle Movement Service (BCMS) - Cattle Tracing System Online
(CTS Online) - the CTS Online service allows you to report
the births and movements of cattle online. You can also see information
that we have for your holding, view any problems with this information on
CTS and make corrections.
- England Rural Development Programme (ERDP) Entry-Level Stewardship
(ELS) - for farmers, land managers and their agents who complete
applications on their behalf.
- Gangmasters Licensing Authority (GLA) Online Licensing System -
for Labour Providers who supply, use or sub-contract labour to the
following sectors, Agriculture, Horticulture, Gathering Shellfish and
Processing and packaging food, agricultural and fish produce and want to
apply for a licence online.
- Procedure for the Electronic Application for Certificates from the HMI
(PEACH) - for importers, exporters and processors of whole fresh produce
into and out of the EU.
- Plant Health Service - for farmers and agents who complete
DEFRA PHS forms on behalf of farmers.
- Seed Certification - for companies and seed testing stations.
- Sheep & Goat Ear Tag Allocation System (ETAS) - for
suppliers of ear tags, boluses and pasterns to obtain unique animal
identification numbers on behalf of Sheep and Goat keepers.
Online Information (external link)
England Rural Development Programme (ERDP)
Entry-Level Stewardship (ELS) service information (external link)
Licensing Authority (external link)
PEACH service information (external link)
Plant Health Service information (external
Seed Certification service information
Sheep & Goat Ear Tag Allocation System
Department for Work & Pensions (DWP)
Universal Jobmatch - Employers (external link)
- Universal Jobmatch - Online job posting and matching service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Employers can post and manage their jobs and jobseekers can apply for jobs online.
- State Pension Online - for people who live in England,
Scotland or Wales who are within 4 months of their State Pension Age.
Universal Jobmatch - Jobseekers (external link)
State Pension Forecast service information (external link)
State Pension Online (external link)
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) - Driver Licensing Online
- Driver Licensing Online - The service provides an opportunity
to apply for your driving licence online. You can apply:
On completion of any of the above online transactions you will then be eligible to view your driver record online.
- For your first provisional driving licence.
- To replace your driving licence if yours is lost, stolen or destroyed.
- To change your address details on your current driving licence.
- For a photocard driving licence if you currently hold an old paper style licence.
- To renew your driving licence at age 70 or over.
- To renew your photograph on your driving licence.
Do it quicker do it online.
Gov.UK - apply for your
driving licence (external link)
Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
Delegated Examiner Test Notification (external link)
- Delegated Examiner Test Notification - for use by Delegated Examiners
registered with the DVSA for the notification of forthcoming tests.
- Driver CPC Periodic Training Recording - for use by JAUPT approved training
bodies for the entry of a driver's completed approved periodic training course.
- DVSA practical test business service - for use by trainer bookers and
approved driving instructors for the management of their practical driving test bookings.
Driver CPC Periodic Training Recording (external link)
DVSA practical test business service (external link)
Environment Agency Online (external link)
- Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) - For organisations required to register and participate in the CRC scheme
- Environment Agency Permitting Service - For customers to submit returns or other information & maintain accounts
- Environment Agency Registration Service - For new or existing customers to apply for Permits or Registrations online
HM Revenue & Customs
HM Revenue & Customs Online services information (external link)
- Alcohol & Tobacco Warehouse Declarations (ATWD) - allows
excise warehousekeepers to submit their Excise warehousing Form W1 online.
- Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) - A Service for Financial Institutions to report to HMRC on interests held by United States citizens under Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and overseas residents under Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and other Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) obligations.
- Change VAT Registration details - allows VAT registered
businesses to submit requests to change VAT registration details online.
- Charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs - For Charities and
Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) to claim tax relief and Gift Aid repayments from
HM Revenue & Customs.
- Charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs - For agents and
nominees who represent a Charity or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) to claim
tax relief and Gift Aid repayments from HM Revenue & Customs on their behalf.
- Child Trust Fund - for CTF approved financial institutions.
- Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) - for contractors and Agents to submit
CIS verifications and monthly returns on behalf of their clients.
- Corporation Tax (CT) - for companies and Agents to submit
CT returns and view liabilities and payments.
- Duty Deferment Electronic Statements (DDES)
- for traders with deferment approval, to view and download statement transactions.
- electronic Binding Tariff Information (eBTI) - for importers,
exporters and/or their representatives, who require a legally binding ruling on the
Tariff Classification of their goods.
- Excise Movement Control System (EMCS) - the Excise Movement Control System
is aimed at all Excise businesses who are currently involved in the movement of goods
in/under duty suspense.
- Gambling Tax Online - enables users to register for various gambling tax duties, file tax returns and view their tax position online. The following gambling tax duties are supported: General Betting Duty, Remote Gaming Duty, Pool Betting Duty.
- Gambling Tax Online for Agents - enables agent users to register their clients for various gambling tax duties, file tax returns and view their tax position online. The following gambling tax duties are supported: General Betting Duty, Remote Gaming Duty, Pool Betting Duty
- Import Control System (ICS) - ICS is provided for the use of traders
responsible for bringing goods into the EU.
- Machine Games Duty – allows gaming machine operators to submit returns
- Machine Games Duty for Agents – allows gaming machine Agents to submit
- New Community Transit System (NCTS) - a basic, free to use service, suitable
for low volume NCTS users.
- New Export system (NES) - for traders to submit (3rd country)
Export Declarations to the CHIEF system. Please note that at the present
time, NES XML traders must obtain a digital certificate from an
- Non VAT Registered Agents Service - for agents not registered for VAT,
enabling the submission of VAT returns and set up of Direct Debit
instructions (for most businesses) on behalf of clients over the internet.
- Notification of Vehicle Arrivals (NOVA) - For VAT registered businesses, non VAT
registered businesses or private individuals to notify HMRC of vehicles brought into the UK
from abroad. Please note: The NOVA service is only accessible from the HMRC website.
- PAYE for Employers - for employers and Agents to submit Pay As
You Earn (PAYE) returns & forms, view statutory notices &
reminders, and make payments.
- Pension Schemes for Administrators - for Pension Scheme Administrators
to view data, submit returns and file reports.
- Pension Schemes for Practitioners - for Pension Scheme Practitioners to
view data, submit returns and file reports.
- Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes (QROPS) - allows overseas
pension scheme managers to tell us about their schemes and submit information online.
- Rebated Oils Enquiry Service - allows Registered Dealers in
Controlled Oils (RDCO) to check that they only supply oil to those
entitled to receive it.
- Secure Electronic Transfer - for organisations with a need to
submit or receive bulk data.
- Self Assessment for Partnerships and Trusts - for partnerships and trusts to
submit Self Assessment tax returns, view statements, view liabilities and
payments, and make payments.
- Self Assessment (SA) - for Individuals and Agents to
submit Self Assessment tax returns online, view statements, and make
payments including a Direct Debit payment option.
- Stamp Taxes - for organisations to submit Stamp Duty Land
Tax returns on their own behalf.
- Submit an Employment Intermediary Report - for Employment Intermediaries and Agents acting on behalf of
Employment Intermediaries to upload their quartley report.
- Submit VAT Returns - for VAT registered businesses and Agents to
submit VAT returns and set up (for most businesses) Direct Debit
- Tied Oils Enquiry Service - helps distributors obtain the
approval number and be sure customers are entitled to receive tied oil.
- VAT EC Sales Lists (ECSL) - for UK VAT registered businesses
making supplies of goods to VAT Registered businesses in other EC member
- VAT EU Refunds - for UK and Isle Of Man Traders and
their associated Agents to claim back VAT incurred in another EU Member
- VAT for Government and NHS - currently only
available for use by Government Departments and NHS Trusts to submit their
VAT Return and VAT 21.
- VAT Mini One Stop Shop - for businesses and their representatives supplying telecommunications, broadcasting and e-services to customers in the EU.
- VAT Registration - for businesses or their agents to apply for
VAT registration over the Internet.
- VAT Reverse Charge Sales List (RCSL) - for VAT registered businesses to
report information on the sale of goods which are subject to the reverse
charge of VAT.
HM Revenue & Customs Gambling Tax Online (external link)
London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Council
London Borough of Barking and
Dagenham Council e-citizen page (external link)
- Council Tax - for e-citizens to directly manage their council tax accounts on-line.
- Housing Benefit - for e-citizens to directly manage their Housing Benefit accounts on-line.
- Landlord Management - for e-landlords to directly manage their accounts on-line.
- Other E-enabled services - for e-citizens to directly apply and track other services on-line.
Borough of Barking and Dagenham Council Website (external link)
London Borough of Hackney
London Borough of Hackney - Customer Page
- Customer Account - A personalised customer web account for our customers. As well as our customers being able to maintain their contact details, they can view, edit and launch a Land Charges Service Request
Money Claim Online (MCOL)
Money Claim Online (external link)
- Money Claim Online - for making monetary claims or defending yourself
against a monetary claim.
National Health Service
NHS Total Reward Statements (external link)
- NHS Total Reward Statements - For use by NHS employees and ex-employees to get an overview of their pension and employee benefits from the NHS.
Natural England (NE)
Casework Management (CWM) (external link)
- Casework Management (CWM) - currently only available for applicants for protected species licences.
Rural Payments Agency (RPA)
RPA SPS Electronic Claim Submissions ENGLAND (external link)
- RPA SPS Electronic Claim Submissions - ENGLAND - for farmers and agents who submit
electronic SPS claims for the Single Payment Scheme.
Scottish Government Rural Payments & Inspections Directorate
Rural Payments Online service information (external link)
- Rural Payments Online grants and subsidies forms > - for
farmers with farm holdings in Scotland and their authorised agents.
Valuation Office Agency
- Check and challenge your Business Rates Valuation. You can view the full valuation details for your property and check that it is correct. The valuation is set by the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) and is used by your local council to calculate your business rates bill. You can also:
Find and check your business rates valuation (external link)
- request changes to property details held by the VOA if you think they're wrong.
- challenge the rateable value, if eligible.
WEFO Online (external link)
- WEFO Online – available for customers of WEFO (including public, private and charity sector organisations) to submit expressions of interest, project information, claims, and perform other functions related to the application for and receipt of grant funds.
- Rural Payments Wales Online - for farmers and their agents to submit and manage applications to Rural Payments Wales.
Wales Online (external link)